Monday, March 9, 2009

Finally.....

My family has started our Christmas Jar for this year. Last year I bought this book and Ted and I and the kids read it together. If you haven't read the book "Christmas Jars" you must. My family loves to do things for others, so we are excited to get this jar filled up so we can help someone in need this Christmas.

Here is a review from Amazon.com

What a wonderful tale about giving and receiving. Perfect for Christmas time. It tells of a little baby that was left inside a Chuck's Chicken and is found by a single woman, Louise, who raises her. Hope one day wants to become a journalist for the paper. Just as her dream is about to come true, her mother passes away from cancer. She is robbed, but the night of the robbery someone leaves a jar full of change. Curious about who did this kind act, Hope sets out to investigate, and write a column for the paper, hoping to make it big with this wonderful story about others giving jars full of change and money to others. What she embarks upon is something different. You will shed a tear with this one, and it will stay with you forever. What a neat idea!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I love that book! What a great family!

Brenda said...

I love that book! It is one of my favorite Christmas books! I think that is great!

Terry Talbot said...

You are the most giving family and I love you for it. You amaze me everday. I am so PROUD of all of you....Mom