Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Crib Rail Cover

As most of you know we adopted my Great Nephew a few months ago.. He is now almost a year old and is the cutest little baby! Since our youngest is 14 years old we have had alot of re-learning to do. With the help of my sweet Mom we purchased a really nice crib that converts into a toddler bed, then into a full size bed.. Well our little "Tink" (short for stinker) started teething and guess what we found out... That babies chew on their cribs.. Now that I think about it my oldest did that too ;) So to protect his little teeth and his beautiful crib I knew I'd better put my sewing skills to work & Pronto.. So Tink & I set off for the Fabric Store & since he loves the movie Toy Story he picked out this material. So for the project I measured the length of the crib & the width of the rail. Then I just sewed & turned the material inside out. I also used  a double thick piece of batting in the middle. I used bias tape and sewed it every so often for ties. It has worked soo well!

2 comments:

Green Eyed Girl Crafts said...

What a brilliant idea! I will have to file that one away for when I have grandchildren... TFS! Vicki

Carole Davids said...

Enjoyed reading your blog, new follower

Carole
www.frogbellysoup.blogspot.com