twelvecraftstillchristmas blog. They were so good that I won't be making these ever again.. lol I do have 1 tip tho.. I would make them a day ahead of time. Everyone thought they were better the next day after they had set up.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup melted butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray one 8x8 inch square pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine the 1 cup flour, baking soda, oats, brown sugar, salt and melted butter. Mix to combine, mixture will be very crumbly. Press firmly half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
4. Let cool slightly then sprinkle over the crust the chocolate chips.
5. Mix the caramel ice cream topping with the 3 tablespoons of flour and drizzle over the chocolate chips.
6. Top with the remaining oatmeal mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Let bars cool a bit before cutting so that the melted chocolate will harden a bit.