Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Primitive Snowman Pop Ornaments

I seen some of these Snowman Pop Ornaments a few years back at a craft fair & I thought they were so cute that I had to make some for my snowman Tree. These would also look great in a gift basket or tied to a poem with some Snowman Soup.

Supplies needed:
Batting (Just scraps will do)
Coffee or Tea
Orange felt or embroidery floss
Black Embroidery floss
Stuffing
Small Black seed beads
Ribbon
Blush
Popsicle stick
Hot Glue

Instructions:
1- Coffee or Tea Stain Batting
2- Cut 2 circles the size you want (I used a drinking glass)
3- Sew on beads for eyes and sew mouth
4- Cut and Glue on felt for nose (or you could use orange embroidery floss and make your own)
5- Sew right sides together of circles leaving an opening  at the bottom and Turn and stuff with batting
6- Put Popsicle stick in bottom and hot glue shut. (Careful not to burn)
7- Blush Cheeks
8- Hot Glue on Ribbon Bow
9- Sew on embroidery floss hanger
10- Enjoy

handmade projects


10 comments:

laurie said...

This is a great idea...they are so cute!

Naturally Carol said...

These are very cute snowmen, I love their carrot coloured noses and little blushed cheeks.

Anonymous said...

oh those are so cute! come link up this tuesday if you have a chance!! p.s. your dog is sooo cute!

Erin said...

These are adorable!

Stuff by Ash said...

So cute! I don't think I've seen anything quite like this! What a clever idea.

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Aww...these are too cute!
I love that coffee covered grungy/primitive look!
Thanks for sharing them!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I'm hosting a week of Christmas linky events with 4 other bloggers. Hope you can stop by and check it out!

Melissa said...

Those are so very cute! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All!

Kyla Armstrong said...

Thanks for linking up to TOO Cute Tuesday!!!

I featured on you Saturday Shout Outs!

http://funkypolkadotgiraffe.blogspot.com/2010/12/saturday-shout-outs_18.html

Crafty Sisters said...

I love these. How cute and grungy are they on a popsicle stick! Thanks for stopping by for a visit!