Sunday, November 6, 2011

Homemade Applesauce

I love this Goose berry patch cookbook called Super-Fast Slow Cooking! So many great recipes. I have never made my own applesauce & I have to say it was scrumptious! This recipe made about 2 pint jars that I just stored in the fridge... But it didn't last long, it was quite a hit at our house.

Applesauce

3 Lbs. apples, cored, peeled and sliced
1/2 C. brown sugar, packed
1 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 T. lemon juice

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover & cook on high setting for 3 hours. Stir occasionally; mash with potato masher until desired consistency. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

2 comments:

laurie said...

I'm going to try this this weekend!

Analog Girl (Rachelle) said...

I have a pile of apples on my counter that have been begging to be used. I am making this tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!